Your PS4 username is the name other people on the PlayStation Network will see associated with you online. Until recently, Sony didn’t let you change your PSN Online ID, but you can now change it once for free; additional changes beyond that will cost you roughly $10, depending on what country you’re in. Changing your PS4 username can be done on your PS4 console and only takes a few minutes. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change Skin Tone for All Emojis
- Navigate to the top of your PS4 home screen to access a menu bar, and then select “Settings” in that menu. The Settings screen appears.
- Click “Account Management.” The Account Management screen is displayed.
- Choose “Account Information” on this screen. The Account Information screen appears.
- Select “Profile” on this screen. The Profile screen is displayed.
- Click “Online ID” on this screen. An Important Information screen appears. Review this information, and then choose “I Accept” to move forward. Another screen appears prompting you to ensure that all game progress has been saved before you move forward. Select “Continue.” A Sign In screen appears.
- Enter the password associated with your PlayStation Network account, and then click “OK.” The Change Online ID screen is displayed.
- Enter the PlayStation Online ID you’d like to get, and then select “Confirm.” If the ID you entered isn’t available, you’ll see a message prompting you to try again. If the ID you entered is available, you’ll see one more screen after you click Confirm, which will ask whether you want your friends to see just your new PSN online ID, or if you want them to see both your new and your old PSN online ID for 30 days. Click “Confirm” after making your selection. You’ll be signed out of the PlayStation Network, and you’ll need to sign in again. After you sign back in, you’ll see your new PSN Online ID displayed associated with your account.