Nothing can be more frustrating than bills that come at a bad time automatically every month. If your Netflix bill is on that list, thankfully, Netflix makes it easy to change your billing date. The only caveat is that you will see a short-term adjustment in your bill to get you moved over to your new billing date. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change Netflix Billing Date
- Open a web browser, navigate to Netflix.com, and then sign in to your account if prompted. You’ll land on your Netflix home screen.
- Click your Netflix profile icon at the top of the screen to open a drop-down menu, and then click “Account” in the drop-down menu. Your Netflix account screen is shown.
- Locate the Membership and Billing section, and then click “Change Billing Day.” A screen prompting you to choose a new billing day is displayed.
- Click the drop-down to display a list of available billing dates to choose, and then click the billing day you want to switch to. Click “Review and Confirm.” The next screen calls out any pricing adjustments that will be made to your account, and asks you to review and confirm your changes.
- Click “Confirm” if everything looks good. A screen confirming that your billing date has been changed is shown.
5 Reasons to Change Your Netflix Billing Date
1. Change in Payday
When your payday changes, it can be stressful to juggle all of your monthly bills with the new payment schedule. One solution to make things easier is to change your Netflix billing date to align with your new payday. This way, you won’t have to worry about Netflix being paid before or after your new payday, and you can ensure that you have enough funds in your account to cover the subscription. It’s a small change that can make a big difference in your monthly budget and reduce any financial stress.
2. Financial Reasons
Life is unpredictable, and sometimes we can encounter tough financial periods. In times like this, it can be helpful to make small changes that can ease the burden. One solution is to change your Netflix billing date to a time when you have more money available in your account. This way, you won’t have to worry about the subscription payment being due during a time when funds are tight, and you can focus on your other bills and expenses. This small change can provide peace of mind during a challenging time.
3. Travel Plans
Travel can be a wonderful adventure, but it can also disrupt your monthly bills and subscriptions. If you have travel plans on your current Netflix billing date, you may want to change the billing date to avoid any interruptions to your account. By changing the billing date to a time when you will be back home, you can ensure that your account won’t be suspended due to non-payment, and you can continue to enjoy your Netflix shows and movies.
Life is busy, and sometimes small changes can make a big difference in our daily routine. If your current Netflix billing date doesn’t align with your personal schedule or financial habits, it may be more convenient to change the billing date to a more suitable time. This way, you won’t have to worry about remembering to make the payment on the current billing date or reschedule other activities around the due date. It’s a simple change that can save you time and hassle.
5. Shared Account
Sharing a Netflix account with family or friends can be a great way to save money and enjoy the service together. However, it can also create challenges when it comes to paying the bill. If you have a shared account, changing the billing date to a time when all members can contribute to the payment can make the process smoother and more organized. This way, everyone can have a chance to contribute without putting any unnecessary burden on one person. It’s a small change that can make the shared experience more enjoyable.