Your Instagram account contains a lot of personal information. It’s even more valuable to you if you use it to market your business. As a result, your Instagram account can be a popular target for hackers. Changing your Instagram password every 90 days, and making sure you follow good password practices, is a simple way to keep your account safe. Good password practices include staying away from using real words, making it at least six characters, and including a special character. Changing your Instagram password in the Instagram mobile app on iPhone, iPad and Android devices only takes a few minutes. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change Instagram Password
- Tap your Instagram profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Your Instagram profile screen appears.
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. A menu flies in from the right side of the screen.
- Tap “Settings” at the bottom of the menu. The Settings screen appears.
- Tap “Security” in the Settings menu. The Security screen appears.
- Tap “Password” in the Security menu. A message appears saying an email has been sent to the email account associated with your Instagram account.
- Access the email account associated with your Instagram account, and then open the email from Instagram with a subject line that reads “Reset Your Password.” Tap the “Reset Password” button in the body of that email. The Instagram.com website will open in your device’s web browser to a page prompting you to enter your new Instagram password.
- Enter your new Instagram password in the two New Password fields on the screen, and then tap “Reset Password.” You’ll be routed to your Instagram home page on Instagram.com after resetting your Instagram password. You’ll need to re-enter the username and password information for this account before you can access it again in the Instagram mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Additionally, you’ll receive an email from Instagram letting you know the password for this account has been changed.