Having an old email account where you don’t change the password regularly associated with your Instagram account can leave your account vulnerable to hackers. Thankfully, changing the email account associated with your Instagram account only takes a few minutes.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Change Instagram Email
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and then tap your Instagram profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Your Instagram profile screen appears.
- Tap “Edit Profile” toward the top of the screen. The Edit Profile screen appears. You can find the current email address associated with your Instagram profile to the right of Email in the Private Information section.
- Tap the current email address associated with your Instagram account to the right of Email. An Email screen appears.
- Enter the new email address you want to be associated with your Instagram account, and then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A Check Your Email dialog box appears, telling you to check the new email address associated with your Instagram account to confirm your new Instagram email address.
You’ll receive two emails. You’ll receive one email at the previous email address associated with your Instagram account letting you know the email address associated with your Instagram account has been changed.
You’ll receive another email from Instagram at the new email address associated with your Instagram account, asking you to confirm your new email address. Tap the “Confirm Email Address” link in that email.
You’ll be routed back to the Instagram app, thanking you for confirming your email address. Your Instagram email address has been successfully changed.