Maybe you have accessibility issues that make the font on your Windows 11 computer difficult to read, or maybe you have the resolution on your computer cranked up so you’re icons are small but you don’t like the resulting small font size. No matter the reason, Microsoft makes it easy to change the font size on your Windows 11 computer, so you can make the text either bigger or smaller as needed. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Change Font Size in Windows 11
- Navigate to your Windows 11 home screen, and then press the “Windows” and “I” buttons at the same time on your keyboard. The Windows 11 Settings screen is displayed.
- Click “Accessibility” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The Accessibility menu will be shown on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Text Size” at the top of this menu.
- Navigate to the Text Size field, and then move the slider associated with that field to adjust the size of the text. As you move the slider, you’ll see a preview of the size your text will be in the Text Size Preview box.
- Click “Apply” after landing on the text size you want to change to use. After a few seconds, your changes to the font size will be applied system wide on your Windows computer.
Five Reasons to Change the Font Size in Windows 11
If you struggle to read text on your screen, consider adjusting the font size. A larger font can improve visibility and reduce eye strain, making it easier to work or browse the web. Ensure your font size is appropriate for your eyesight and personal preference.
Personalize your Windows 11 experience by changing the font size. Whether you prefer a larger or smaller font, adjusting the size can enhance your reading comfort. Make sure the font size suits your individual needs and preferences.
High-resolution displays can sometimes make text appear smaller, making it more difficult to read. Increase the font size to improve visibility and readability on your high-resolution display.
If you have visual impairments or low vision, adjusting the font size in Windows 11 can make the operating system more accessible. Choose a font size that works best for you and makes reading text on your screen easier.
Personalize your Windows 11 experience by changing the font size. Choose a font size that suits your individual style and makes using your operating system more enjoyable.