Facebook Marketplace is a convenient place to find great deals on items that people in your geographic location are selling. As a result, it’s important to make sure your location is correct. Whether you’ve recently moved or your temporarily somewhere else and you want to check for items there, changing your Facebook Marketplace location can be done quickly. In this article I’ll show you how to change your Facebook Marketplace location on an iPhone, iPad or Android device, and also on the Facebook.com website.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Change Facebook Marketplace Location on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device, and then tap the “Marketplace” icon along the bottom of the screen. The Marketplace screen is shown.
- Tap the “Profile” icon at the top of the screen. The You screen is displayed.
- Tap “Location.” The Location screen is shown.
- Enter your city or ZIP code in the search bar along the top of this screen that you want to be associated with your location. That location will appear in the map on the screen.
- Move down below the map and you’ll see options for how big of a radius you want to see listings in when you perform a Facebook Marketplace search. You can choose to use the suggested map radius, or you can set a custom radius.
If you choose to set a custom radius you can use the toggle to adjust the size of the radius. Tap “Apply” when you’re done modifying these settings. You’ll be returned to the You screen, where you’ll see your new location listed to the right of Location.
Steps to Change Facebook Marketplace Location on Facebook.com
- Open a web browser, navigate to the Facebook website, and then click to expand the “See More” drop-down in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Marketplace” in this menu. The Marketplace screen is displayed.
- Click your current location that’s displayed in the Filters section on the left side of the screen. The Change Location window is shown.
- Enter either the ZIP code or the city and state combination you want to use as your new location. The map will be updated to reflect your new location.
- Set the radius to the area surrounding your new location you want to see Facebook Marketplace listings from. The map will be updated to reflect your new location radius. Click “Apply” when you’re done. You’ll be returned to the Marketplace screen where you’ll see your new location displayed in the Filters section.