With an update in late 2019, Amazon finally added the ability for Alexa to operate in more languages, including Spanish. Changing the language of your Alexa device means the device will only speak and operate in that language. However, be aware that changing the language of your Alexa device to Spanish may result in you not being able to access some functionality.
Steps to Change Alexa Language to Spanish
- Launch the Alexa app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Alexa home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the upper left corner of the screen. A menu flies in from the left side of the screen.
- Tap “Settings” in the menu. The Settings screen appears.
- Select “Device Settings” in the menu on the Settings screen. The All Devices screen appears displaying a list of all of your devices connected to Amazon Alexa.
- Tap the name of the Alexa device where you want to change the language to Spanish. A screen appears for that Alexa device.
- Tap the “Settings” icon in the upper right corner of this screen. The Device Settings screen appears.
- Scroll down this screen, and then tap “Language” in the General section. The Language screen is displayed.
- Tap the option associated with Espanol to choose the variation of Spanish you want your Alexa device to operate in. The Change Alexa’s Language window appears if Spanish doesn’t match the language associated with your Amazon account. Additionally, you may be notified that some features may not be available with the language your choosing. Tap “OK” to move forward with changing the language of your Alexa device to Spanish. Another window appears informing you that updating the language spoken by your Alexa device may take a few minutes. Tap “OK” again in this window. You’ll see an Updating message beneath your chosen language, along with a check mark to the right of that language. The Updating message will disappear after the language has been successfully changed.