The Oculus Quest 2 is a great virtual reality device that gives users awesome experiences. However, if you’re using the Quest 2 with a group of people in the real world you’ll want to share what you see so they aren’t kept in the dark. Thankfully, Meta makes it easy to cast what you see through the Oculus Quest 2 to an iPhone, iPad or Android device.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to iPhone, iPad or Android Screen
- Before you get started you’ll need to make sure that both your Oculus Quest 2 and your iPhone, iPad or Android device are connected to the same wifi network.
- Launch the Oculus app on your mobile device, and then tap the “Casting” icon at the top of the screen. The Casting screen is shown, with a message on the screen asking you to allow Oculus to access your local network.
- Tap “Next” to let Oculus access your local network. A pop-up appears asking if Oculus can find and connect to devices on your local network.
- Tap “OK” to let your Oculus find and connect to devices on your local network. You’ll now see Oculus devices connected to your local network in the list on this screen, including the Quest 2 to that you want to connect to and mirror the screen of.
- Tap the Oculus Quest 2 you want to mirror on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. A messages appears briefly letting you know the Oculus Quest 2 is searching for your device, before a Cast To window pops up at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “This Phone” in the Cast To section. That window will close and you’ll now see your iPhone, iPad or Android device is shown as connected to your Oculus Quest 2.
- Tap the “Start” button displayed directly beneath your device. After a few seconds you’ll see what’s shown in your Oculus Quest 2 display on your iPhone, iPad or Android screen.
You can stop casting your Oculus Quest 2 to an iPhone, iPad or Android device by tapping your mobile device’s screen to bring up a menu, and then tapping “Stop Casting.” Your Quest 2 will stop being mirrored on your iPhone, iPad or Android device immediately.
Reasons to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to iPhone, iPad or Android Screen
1. Involve Other People
Casting your Oculus Quest 2 to a mobile device screen lets you share the VR experience with others. Invite your friends and family to join in on the fun. Watch as they react to the immersive world you’re exploring. With a larger screen, multiple people can enjoy the VR experience at once. Make VR gaming a social activity.
2. Remote Control
When you cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your iPhone, iPad or Android screen, you can use your mobile device to control some aspects of the screen. This is a great way to help someone who’s using an Oculus Quest 2 for the first time, or to help someone who’s younger use the virtual reality headset.
3. Recording and Streaming
The native functionality on the Oculus Quest 2 that captures your gameplay isn’t great. There’s also not an easy way to stream to popular streaming platforms. Casting your Quest 2 screen to your mobile device gives you an easier way to share your Quest 2 experience on streaming platforms.