YouTube TV is the ideal, low-cost skinny bundle for most people who are looking to cut the cord. However, whether you’re still in the free trial period or if you’re a paying YouTube TV customer, you can cancel the service at any time if you don’t feel like it’s right for you. When you cancel YouTube TV you’ll still have access to the service until either your free trial expires or you reach the end of the billing period you’ve paid through. Cancelling YouTube TV is a painless process that only takes a few minutes.
Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Cancel YouTube TV
- Open your web browser and navigate to tv.youtube.com, and then log in to your YouTube TV account if prompted. You’ll arrive at your YouTube TV home screen.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu is displayed. Click “Settings” in the drop-down menu. The Settings window appears.
- Select “Membership” in the list of options on the left side of the screen. Membership options will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Deactivate Membership” beneath YouTube TV on the right side of the window. The Deactivate Membership window appears.
- Click “Cancel Membership” in the list of options. The Why Are You Cancelling YouTube TV? screen appears.
- Select why you’re choosing to cancel YouTube TV, and then click “Next.” The next screen informs you when you will lose your access to YouTube TV, which will be the date you have paid through.
- Click the “Cancel YouTube TV” button. You’ll be returned to the YouTube Settings screen, and a note will appear along the bottom of the screen reiterating when your YouTube TV membership will be cancelled.