Apple makes it convenient to subscribe to its own services (such as Apple Music and Apple News), and the services of other companies operating on Apple’s platform (such as Netflix, HBO, Washington Post, and Hulu). If you decide you no longer want to subscribe to a service where you manage the subscription through Apple, you can cancel that subscription on your iPhone with a few quick taps. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone
- Tap to launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone. The Settings screen appears.
- Tap your profile name that appears at the top of the Settings screen. Your Apple ID profile screen appears.
- Tap “Subscriptions” in the list of menu options toward the top of the screen. The Subscriptions screen appears, displaying your active iPhone subscriptions, and your expired iPhone subscriptions.
- Tap the active iPhone subscription you want to cancel. In this example, I’ll cancel my Apple Arcade subscription. An Edit Subscription screen appears, displaying information associated with that specific subscription, such as your current subscription’s expiration date and upgrade options.
- Tap “Cancel” or the equivalent button that should be displayed indicating you can cancel this subscription on your Apple device. If a dialog box appears asking if you’re sure you want to cancel your iPhone subscription, tap to confirm you want to cancel the service. You’ll return to the Edit Subscription screen, where you can see in the information area that the service is cancelled. Additionally, when you back out to the Subscription screen, your subscription will now be displayed in the Expired section.
Let me know what your favorite new iPhone feature is in the comments below. If you liked what you saw here, click the video link on the right side of the screen to check out another video, or click the logo on the left side of the screen to subscribe to this channel to see more great videos like this one.