If the weight of the monthly charges associated with your streaming service subscriptions is getting too great, you may be looking to cut a few. And while the content on Paramount Plus is good, it’s one that most people can live without. Thankfully, cancelling your Paramount Plus subscription is easy and only takes a few clicks. As a note your access to the streaming service won’t end immediately, and you’ll have access to Paramount Plus through the period you’ve paid for.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Cancel Paramount Plus Subscription
- Open a web browser, navigate to the Paramount Plus website, and then sign in with your account if you’re not signed in already. You’ll land on the Paramount Plus home screen.
- Click the drop-down menu next to your profile icon at the top of the screen, and then click “Account” in that menu. The Account screen is displayed.
- Navigate to the Subscription and Billing section, and then click “Cancel Subscription” in that list of options. You may see a window pop up with an offer trying to get you to keep your Paramount Plus subscription.
- Click “Continue to Cancel.” The next screen will ask if you’re sure you want to cancel your Paramount Plus subscription.
- Click to place a check in the box indicating you’ve read the terms of cancellation, and then click “Yes, Cancel.” The next screen will prompt you to indicate why you’re cancelling your Paramount Plus subscription.
- After indicating your cancellation reason, click “Complete Cancellation.”
You’ll be routed back to the Account screen, where you’ll now see a note at the top calling out that your Paramount Plus subscription has been cancelled, and how long you’ll still have access to the service through.
Reasons to Cancel Your Paramount+ Subscription
Monthly subscription fees for streaming services can add up quickly, leading you to look for opportunities to scale back. While you may like what Paramount+ has to offer, it may not offer as much value as other streaming services you subscribe to.
A lack of diverse and relevant content may lead you to cancel your Paramount+ subscription. While there is a lot of content on the streaming platform, you may find that it’s not content that you are particularly interested in.
3. Poor User Experience
Technical issues, such as slow buffering and video quality, can greatly impact your viewing experience. If this is your experience with Paramount+ and you can’t get these issues resolved, then your best option may be to cancel the service.
4. Cancelling a Free Trial
Free trials are a great way to test out a service before committing, but be sure to keep track of the trial end date and the payment schedule. If you gave Paramount+ a try during the free trial but decided not to keep it, opting out before the trial period ends will ensure you won’t be charged for a service you don’t want to continue.