When you set up a subscription to a service through an app you downloaded from the Google Play store, that subscription is often managed by Google Play. As a result, when the time comes when you no longer need that service, you have to cancel that service through Google Play and not other means, such as the service provider’s website. It’s important to note that if you’re looking for a refund for a Google Play subscription you have to make that request within 48 hours of the subscription being initiated; I’ll include the link in the description where you can start that process. If it’s been more than 48 hours, you’ll have to work with the app developer to see if they’ll give you a refund. In this article I’ll show you how to cancel your Google Play subscriptions through your Android phone or tablet, or a web browser. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Cancel Google Play Subscription on Android Device
- Tap to launch the “Google Play” app on your Android device. You’ll land on your Google Play home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon on the home screen to bring up a menu, and then click “Subscriptions” in the menu. The Subscriptions screen is displayed, listing all of your Google Play subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription you want to cancel. An information screen for that subscription is displayed.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” on that information screen. A window pops up asking what’s making you cancel this Google Play subscription. Choose your reason, and then tap “Continue.” Another window appears asking if you’re sure you want to cancel this Google Play subscription.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription.” You’ll be routed back to the information screen for this subscription where you’ll now see an option to renew or resubscribe, which is verification that subscription has been cancelled. You’ll still have access to the service through the cancel date, which can be found at the top of the information screen.
Steps to Cancel Google Play Subscription on Web Browser
- Open a web browser and navigate to Play.Google.com. Log into your Google Play account if prompted. You’ll land on your Google Play home screen.
- Click “My Subscriptions” in the menu on the left side of the screen. The My Subscriptions screen is displayed, listing all of your Google Play subscriptions.
- Click “Manage” next to the Google Play subscription you want to cancel. An information window for that subscription is displayed.
- Click “Cancel Subscription” in the information window. A window pops up asking what’s making you cancel this Google Play subscription. Choose your reason, and then click “Continue.” Another window appears asking if you’re sure you want to cancel this Google Play subscription.
- Click “Cancel Subscription.” A window is displayed confirming that you’ve cancelled your Google Play subscription. Click “OK.” You’ll be routed back to the My Subscriptions screen, where you’ll see the cancel date for the service you just cancelled. You’ll still have access to the service through that date.