Amazon subscription boxes make either a great gift for someone else, or a great way to get something you love on a regular basis. But while subscribing to a subscription box on Amazon is simple enough, it’s a little bit tricker proposition to cancel an Amazon subscription box when the time comes. In this video I’ll show you how to cancel an Amazon subscription box through either the Amazon app for your iPhone, iPad or Android device, or the Amazon website. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video above and the image collection located beneath the steps.
Steps to Cancel Amazon Subscription Box on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Launch the Amazon app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Amazon home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon on the screen. The Menu icon features three horizontal lines. A menu screen is displayed.
- Tap “Your Account” in this list. You’ll land on the Your Account screen.
- Scroll down to the Account Settings section, and then tap “Memberships and Subscriptions” in this section. The Memberships and Subscriptions screen is shown, displaying a list of all of the memberships and subscriptions associated with your Amazon account.
- Scroll down to find the subscription you want to cancel, and then tap “Cancel Subscription” in that section. A Cancel Subscription screen is displayed, letting you know that if you move forward with cancelling then no further orders will be placed and that no pending unshipped orders will be cancelled.
- Tap the drop-down field if you want to choose a reason for cancelling this subscription, and then tap “End My Subscription.” You’ll be routed back to your list of Amazon subscriptions where you’ll now see this subscription as cancelled. Additionally you’ll now see an end date for that subscription.
Steps to Cancel Amazon Subscription Box on Amazon Website
- Open a web browser, navigate to www.Amazon.com, and then sign into your account if you’re not signed in already. You’ll land on your Amazon home screen.
- Click the “Accounts and Lists” drop-down at the top of the screen to open a menu, and then click “Memberships and Subscriptions” in the Your Account part of that menu. You’ll land on the Your Memberships and Subscriptions screen.
- Scroll down this screen until you find the Amazon subscription you want to cancel, and then click “Cancel Subscription” next to that subscription. A Cancel Subscription window pops up letting you know that if you move forward with cancelling then no further orders will be placed and that no pending unshipped orders will be cancelled.
- Click the drop-down field if you want to choose a reason for cancelling this subscription, and then tap “End My Subscription.” You’ll be routed back to your list of Amazon subscriptions where you’ll now see this subscription as cancelled. Additionally you’ll now see an end date for that subscription.
Reasons to Consider Cancelling Your Amazon Subscription Box
If you find the cost of your Amazon subscription box too high, it might be time to cancel it. Evaluate the value you receive from each box and compare it to the price you pay. If you don’t feel like you get your money’s worth, it’s okay to cancel.
If the products you receive in your subscription box don’t meet your expectations, it’s time to cancel. Consider what you like and what you need, then search for a subscription box that offers those things.
Too Many Items
If your subscription box sends you too many items, it can become overwhelming. You may not have enough space to store them all, or you may find that you don’t use them all. In this case, cancelling the subscription might be the best choice.
Change in Personal Preferences
If your preferences change, so should your subscription box. If you no longer like the products being offered, cancel the subscription and find a new one that suits your new interests.
Duplication of Subscriptions
If you have multiple subscription boxes, you may be paying for duplicates of the same items. To avoid this, evaluate your subscriptions and cancel any that overlap.