Amazon makes it easy to return items — almost too easy. Whether you initiated the Amazon order return process on accident, or you changed your mind, thankfully, Amazon makes it just as easy to cancel a return you decide to keep. In this article I’ll show you how to cancel a return on Amazon using either the Amazon app for iPhone, iPad or Android, or through the Amazon.com website.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Cancel a Return on Amazon on iPhone, iPad or Android
- Tap the “Menu” icon in the list of icons along the bottom of the screen. A menu is shown.
- Tap “Your Orders.” A list of your orders is displayed.
- Find the item you want to cancel the return for, and then tap to open it. An information screen associated with that item will be displayed.
- In the Return Started section, tap “View Return Refund Status.” The Return Refund screen for that item is shown.
- Tap “Cancel Return.” The next screen asks if you’re sure you want to cancel your return.
- Tap “Cancel Return.” Your return will be cancelled.
Steps to Cancel a Return on Amazon Website
- Open your web browser and navigate to Amazon.com. You’ll land on your Amazon home screen.
- Click “Returns and Orders” at the top of the screen. You’ll land on the Your Orders screen, showing you a list of all of the items you’ve ordered.
- Navigate to the item you want to cancel the return for, and then click “View Return Refund Status” associated with that item. The Return Refund Status screen for that item is shown.
- Click “Cancel Return.” A dialog box appears asking if you’re sure you want to cancel your return is displayed.
- Click “Cancel Return.” A window appears letting you know that your Amazon return is cancelled and no further action is required.
5 Reasons You May Need to Cancel an Order on Amazon
1. Change of Mind
Changing your mind is a natural part of the purchasing process. After all, we’re all human, and sometimes we change our minds. If you’ve initiated a return on Amazon and changed your mind about returning the item, you may want to cancel the return. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as realizing the item is still needed, or deciding that it’s not worth the hassle of returning it. Cancelling a return on Amazon is usually a straightforward process, but it’s important to check the seller’s return policy before doing so, as some items may not be eligible for cancellation.
2. Item is No Longer Needed
It’s not uncommon to purchase an item and then later realize that you don’t actually need it. This is another reason why you may want to initiate a return on Amazon. However, if you’ve already initiated the return and then realize that you do need the item after all, you may want to cancel the return. This could be the case if you’re able to find a use for the item, or if you realize that it’s more expensive to purchase the same item elsewhere.
3. Item was Damaged in Transit
Sometimes, items can be damaged during transit, even when they’re being returned. If this happens, you may want to cancel the return and request a replacement instead. This could be due to the fact that the item is still needed, or because the item is not eligible for a refund due to the damage. It’s important to contact the seller and provide details about the damage, as well as any photos or other evidence that can help support your claim.
4. Seller Agreed to a Partial Refund
If you’ve initiated a return on Amazon and the seller has agreed to a partial refund, you may want to cancel the return to accept the refund. This could be because the partial refund is sufficient to cover the cost of any damage or other issues with the item, or because the item is still needed and the partial refund is a fair compromise. It’s important to communicate with the seller about the refund and ensure that both parties agree on the amount.
5. Return was Initiated by Mistake
Lastly, sometimes a return can be initiated by mistake, such as when the buyer accidentally clicks the return button. In such cases, you may want to cancel the return to avoid any unnecessary hassle or confusion. This could be due to the fact that the item is still needed, or because the return was initiated in error. It’s important to double-check any return requests before submitting them to ensure that they’re accurate and necessary.
7 Common Questions About Cancelling Orders on Amazon
1. How long do I have to cancel an order on Amazon?
Amazon’s cancellation policy allows you to cancel an order within 30 minutes of placing it. After 30 minutes, your order may already be processing or shipping, so it may not be possible to cancel it. However, if your order is not eligible for immediate cancellation, you can still request a cancellation, and Amazon will do their best to honor your request.
2. Will I be charged if I cancel an order on Amazon?
If you cancel an order on Amazon before it ships, you will not be charged. However, if the order has already shipped, you may be responsible for the shipping fees to return the item to Amazon.
3. Can I cancel part of an order on Amazon?
Yes, you can cancel part of an order on Amazon. To do this, go to your orders page and select the order you want to modify. Then, select the item you want to cancel and choose the “Cancel item” option.
4. What happens to my Amazon gift card balance if I cancel an order?
If you paid for an order with an Amazon gift card and then cancel the order, the funds will be credited back to your gift card balance. You can then use this balance to make future purchases on Amazon.
5. How do I check the status of my cancelled Amazon order?
To check the status of a cancelled Amazon order, go to your orders page and select the “Cancelled Orders” tab. Here, you can view the status of any orders that you have cancelled.
6. How long does it take to receive a refund after cancelling an order on Amazon?
Amazon typically processes refunds within 3-5 business days of the cancellation request. However, the time it takes for the refund to appear in your account can vary depending on your payment method and financial institution.
7. Can I cancel a pre-order on Amazon?
Yes, you can cancel a pre-order on Amazon. Simply go to your orders page, select the pre-order you want to cancel, and choose the “Cancel item” option. However, be aware that some pre-orders may have specific cancellation policies, so make sure to check the details before cancelling.