The Steam platform is a great place to build your PC game collection. Buying games on Steam to build your collection is easy and can be done using a variety of payment methods. Accepted payment methods include PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video and image collection below.
Steps to Buy Games on Steam
- Launch the Steam application on your computer. You’ll land on your Steam home screen. Click “Store” if it isn’t selected already.
- Enter the game you want to buy in the search bar, and then click it in the list of results that appear. In this example, I’ll search for Civilization 6. An information screen appears for that game.
- Scroll down the screen until you see an option to buy this game. Click “Add to Cart” to the right of the buy option. The Your Shopping Cart screen appears, with this item displayed in the shopping cart.
- Scroll down this screen and then click “Purchase for Myself.” The Payment Info screen appears.
- Select your payment method, and then enter the required information. After entering all of the required information, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then click “Continue.” The Review Purchase screen appears.
- Click to place a check mark in the box to agree to the Steam terms of service, and then click “Purchase.” A Thank You For Your Purchase screen appears, telling you that an email confirmation of your purchase has been sent to you. Additionally, you can scroll down the screen to see a receipt for your purchase.