Maybe you personally don’t like songs with foul language. Or, maybe you have kids and you don’t want them to hear songs with explicit language, either in the songs you play or on their own devices they listen to Amazon Music on. Thankfully, Amazon makes it easy block explicit songs in your Amazon Music account. The downside is that you can’t block single users, like your children, from listening to explicit songs on Amazon Music. When you block explicit songs, you do so for everyone who uses your Amazon Music account.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Block Explicit Songs on Amazon Music
- Launch the Amazon Music app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device and make sure you’re logged into the Amazon account associated with your Amazon Music subscription. You’ll land on the Amazon Music home screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon at the top of this screen. A Settings menu opens on the screen.
- Tap “Settings” in this menu.
- Navigate to the Music Preferences section in this menu, and then click to turn on the toggle associated with “Block Explicit Songs” in this section. A Block Explicit Songs screen is shown letting you know that songs with explicit language will be blocked on this device.
- Tap “Block.” Going forward any devices associated with your Amazon Music account won’t be able to play explicit songs.
Reasons to Block Explicit Songs on Amazon Music
There are quite a few good reasons you may want to consider blocking explicit songs in Amazon Music:
1. Parental Control
Parents who use Amazon Music can ensure their children are protected from explicit content by blocking explicit songs. In doing this, parents can control the type of music their children listen to and avoid exposing them to explicit themes and language.
2. Personal Preference
Individuals who prefer a more censored listening experience can choose to block explicit songs on Amazon Music. This way, they can enjoy their favorite music without being exposed to explicit themes and language.
3. Workplace Appropriateness
Blocking explicit songs in Amazon Music can be a useful tool for individuals who want to maintain a professional environment in the workplace. This way, they can avoid playing songs with explicit themes and language that may be inappropriate in a work setting.
4. Maintaining a Positive Mood
For individuals who want to maintain a positive mood and avoid negative or explicit themes, blocking explicit songs on Amazon Music can be a helpful tool. This way, they can listen to music that aligns with their positive outlook on life.
5. Religious or Moral Beliefs
Individuals with strong religious or moral beliefs may choose to block explicit songs in Amazon Music to align with their values and beliefs. This way, they can avoid listening to music that may conflict with their religious or moral convictions.