Facebook birthday notifications are great for staying connected with your friends and family. However, if Facebook birthday reminders are just another annoying alert, you can easily turn the notifications off. Examples of all instructions in the steps can be seen in both the YouTube video and image collection below.
Some of the images associated with the steps are included inline below. All images associated with these steps can be seen in the embedded YouTube video. Also, please note that you’re not able to leave a comment directly on this article. If you have a question or feedback, please leave it on the YouTube video.
Steps to Turn Off Facebook Birthday Notifications
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad or Android device. You’ll land on your Facebook home screen.
- Tap the “Menu” icon along the bottom of the screen. The Menu screen will be displayed.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this screen, and then tap “Settings and Privacy” to expand that section. Tap “Settings” in the expanded menu. The Settings and Privacy screen opens.
- Scroll down to the Preferences section, and then tap “Your Time On Facebook.” The Your Time On Facebook screen launches.
- Scroll down this menu until you find the Control Your Notifications section, and then click “See Settings” in that section. The Control Your Notifications screen is displayed.
- Tap “Notification Settings” on this screen. The Notification Settings screen opens.
- Move down to the What Notifications You Receive section, and then find Birthdays in this section. Tap “Birthdays.” You’ll land on the Birthdays screen. You’ll see options on this screen where you can change where you receive notifications for birthdays on Facebook, and also which birthday types you receive notifications for. You can toggle any of these options on and off individually.
- If you don’t want to receive any notifications associated with birthdays on Facebook you can tap the toggle next to “Allow Notifications on Facebook” to turn it off. A window pops up asking if you want to turn off Facebook notifications, and letting you know that you’ll no longer receive notifications on Facebook by push, email or SMS. Tap “OK” in this window. All notifications for Facebook birthdays will be turned off going forward.
Reasons to Turn Off Facebook Birthday Notifications
There are a few good reasons you may want to turn off birthday notifications in Facebook:
- Overwhelming Notifications: With so many friends on Facebook, it’s possible to receive multiple birthday notifications. These notifications can quickly add up and become overwhelming. Turning off birthday notifications helps reduce clutter in your notification panel.
- Not Interested in Birthday Reminders: Some people simply don’t care about birthday reminders. They don’t want to receive notifications or be reminded of birthdays, no matter who the person is. Turning off Facebook birthday notifications is an easy solution for these individuals.
- Distractions: Facebook birthday notifications can be a major distraction for those trying to focus on work or other tasks. They can pull your attention away from the task at hand, causing you to lose focus. Turning off birthday notifications ensures you won’t be distracted during important moments.